Coronavirus – COVID-19
We have launched this web-page specifically, to provide our staff, volunteers, members, trainees, families, carers and visitors with the information they will require; in relation to how Nansa is preparing for, and mitigating against, any risk to health posed by the potential incidence and spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in Norfolk.
NHS Guidance and Common Questions: (click here).
Message from Leon Smith (Nansa CEO): NOVEMBER 2020
“I want to say a huge thank you to our staff, volunteers, members and families during this time. You have been patient, calm, understanding, and committed to our efforts; helping Nansa deal with this event in the most appropriate way. We will endeavour to keep you updated via our website and social media channels.
I appreciate these are uncertain times, but we know what we have to do to deal with this crisis, stay positive, look after each other, and keep following the advice coming from local and national Government. We will get through this together, as a community!”
The following actions will take effect from Thursday 5th November 2020, in response to the new national lockdown:
- Nansa Charity Shops will close and the plan, all being well, is for them to re-open on December 2nd (online ebay operations will continue)
- Milestones (Saturday services for young adults) will be suspended (face-to-face) but will be facilitated online via ZOOM
- Our building based Adults’ provision (bubble groups) will continue Monday to Friday, with the same strict controls as before , but with an understanding that some members (in the high clinical risk group) may choose to stay home during the lockdown. Their places will be reserved and can be re-engaged when required
- Train and Trade (our traineeships in shops) will be suspended (during the lockdown) and we will stay in touch with trainees via calls and ZOOM
- Outreach services (such as walks etc in the community) will be continued for those in need of support
- Home visits will be suspended during the lockdown
- All Family Services for young children will continue as planned for November and December
Ahead of plans to re-open our shops and provide face-to-face services, we wanted to share with you (our staff, families, members and customers) our COVID-19 response handbook. This handbook underpins our response across all departments; if you have any concerns relating to this, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.