Trading and Premises Supervisor
Hours: 35 Monday – Friday
Wage: £19,157 £10.53 per hour
Closing date: Sunday 29th May
Interviews: Monday 6th June
The Trading and Premises Supervisor is a multi tasked role within the Nansa retail outlets and other Nansa premises. Therefore the ability to travel between locations is essential to the role. The Trading and Premises Supervisor is to facilitate with the daily operation in our retail outlets and other Nansa buildings ensuring operational needs are met.
Role and Responsibilities
The nature of this role requires a high level of flexibility to provide appropriate support as required across any of Nansa’s retail outlets and premises.
- working using your own initiative and guided by the Head of Trading and Partnerships and other senior managers to ensure that the operational activities within the shops and the security of premises are met by providing a multi skilled ability to ensure all shops have the equipment they need and stock is managed and relocated where necessary.
- The role involves Health and safety and other repairs are carried out in a timely manner and cover is provided in shops when needed.
- PAT testing of electrical items in all shops and The Family Centre will also be a requirement. (If you do not have PAT testing experience or qualification, but you do fulfil all the other criteria of the post, we would still like to hear from you.)
- You will be expected to work at any of Nansa’s sites as the business needs dictate and travel between them.
- Assist with the day to day running of Nansa’s premises.
- Action repairs and maintenance tasks as required by
- Opening and closing of the retail outlet including cashing up.
- Ensuring sales targets are being met or exceeded.
- Ensure all premises provide a safe and welcoming environment for service users, staff, volunteers and customers.
- To take note of (and act in accordance with) current legislation and operating procedures relating to retail activities and other premises under the guidance of Senior managers.
- To report, oversee and complete repairs, maintenance and other works as required.
- Promote Nansa at every opportunity and ensure the potential for Gift Aid is maximised with every donation received.
- Attend any meetings or training as required.
- A financial surplus is generated for the association through achieving sales targets, good stock control and presentation, plus excellent customer service.
- Maintains a well-presented, clean, safe and welcoming retail environment.
- Maintains excellent standards of time-keeping, personal presentation and a positive and professional attitude.
- All premises are kept secure and maintained to a high standard and comply with Health and Safety regulations.
- Retail operations, delivery of equipment and moving of stock carried out in an efficient and effective manner to enable retail outlets to maximise sales and ensure health and safety.
- commitment to respect and dignity
- determination to make a difference
- person centred empowerment
- creativity and flexibility
- continuous improvement
- proactive teamwork and personal leadership
- working in the wider context
- commitment to respect and dignity
Complete the application and Equal opportunities forms above and return to: email@example.com
Safeguarding: Nansa is committed to the safeguarding of our beneficiaries and welfare of our staff, volunteers and partners. This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Covid: Anyone working directly with our service uses will need to undertake weekly lateral flow testing. Staff must wear the appropriate PPE provided and follow our Covid policies.
Nansa is committed to an inclusive working environment, promoting equal opportunities in employment however due to the nature of the work involved applicants must be 18 or over.